Venu G is a Pr. Scientist from KTMD, CSIR’s National Aerospace Laboratories, Bengaluru. He has around 18 years of professional experience in the field of Aerospace propulsion, gas dynamics, experimental evaluation of aerospace propulsive systems, design, fabrication and establishment of test facilities.
He has Masters in Aerospace dept., IIT madras and a mechanical engineering graduate from Osmania University, Hyderabad. He has got many National and International conference publications. Presently he is pursuing PhD in “Emerging Technologies in Management”.
He has handled different projects in the field of scramjet combustion, gas turbine engines performance evaluation, endothermic fuels, fuel injection systems for scramjets, intake studies for GT engines, etc., with projects costing in crores. He has the expertise in design and development of the test rigs/ systems/ experimental setups for the projects. He has worked with teams from ISRO, DRDO, GTRE, ADA, GE, etc. for the R&D activities.
Presently he is holding a responsibility of Projects and Business Management in CSIR-NAL by handling projects under different categories, reviewing the progress, schedules and concurring & coordinating with the sponsoring agencies.
He is one of the peer reviewers for journal on Combustion Science and Technology, USA.
He has developed JeeVam- An UVSC, to safeguard doctors / health workers during this pandemic COVID-19, in his personal capacity to serve the society and nation. This device is saving around 200 doctors a day/ hospital from getting infected by the CORONA virus.
Apart from scientific temperament he has got hobbies of playing music, drawing and sports. He has represented CSIR-NAL for many events viz., Cricket, Chess etc., in Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) and CSIR events. He has proved his leadership qualities by successfully leading CSIR- NAL Staff Club as Vice- President and worked for the welfare of the staff.
Field of Expertise:
Supersonic flows, Gas dynamics, Endothermic fuels, Liquid fuel injectors, Mie scattering technique, flow diagnostics, design and development & establishment of test rigs, experimentation, Gas Turbine Engines. Projects management.
Awards: Nominated for Padma Shri 2022 award
Patent: Indian patent filed for JeeVam Device (Ref: 202041045121)
- Arul Paligan A, Shubha V, Sathiyamoorthy K, Ganapuram Venu, Jayaprakash C, Manjunath P, “Evaluation of ceramic composite wedge for high speed combustor applications”, Science Direct—Procedia material Science, JA-AI/2014/1000
- Manjunath P, Sathiyamoorthy K, Venu G, Venkat S Iyengar, Jayaprakash C, Srinivas J, Pratheesh Kumar P, “Establishment of aeropropulsion Mach 3.6 test facility for high speed combustor research”, AIAA Propulsion Conference, San Antonio, USA, AIAA 2013-2624
- Venu G, Srinivas J, Venkat S Iyengar, Aruna ST, Kannan R, Manjunath P, “Development and Experimental Evaluation of Endothermic Fuel for Better Combustion and Life of Combustor: In Realistic Test Setup”, ASME Turbo Expo 2014, Dusseldorf, Germany, GT2014-25296 Proceedings of the ASME TurboExpo 2014 June 16-20, 2014
- Venu G, Venkat S Iyengar, Srinivas J., Sathiyamoorthy K, Muruganandam TM, Chakravarthy SR “Mixing field and penetration of impinging twin liquid jets injected obliquely against Supersonic air cross flow”, ILASS-Asia 2016, 18th Annual Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems – Asia, Chennai, Nov 2016.
- Srinivas J, Pratheesh Kumar P, Sathiyamorrthy K, Venu G, “Development of automated test sequence for Mach 3.5 Propulsion test facility”, International Symposium on Air Breathing Engines (ISABE), Busan, Korea, ISABE-2013-1306
- R Kannan, Venu G, Srinivas J, Manjunath P, “Experimental demonstration of the concept of endothermic fuels for providing efficient cooling to Scramjet combustors”, International conference on adaptive technologies for sustainable growth-2011, ID:ME_BM03 page no: 11, Paavai Engg. College, Namakkal, Tamilnadu
- Kannan R, Venu G, Pratheesh Kumar P, Manjunath P,” Development of a mixed bed catalytic system for providing endothermic cooling with insitu generation of Hydrogen gas for scramjet combustor”, National Conference on Expanding frontiers in propulsion technology-ASET 2011, LPSC, Mahendragiri, Trivandrum, Kerala, O-13, page no: 21
- Sathiyamoorthy K, Venu G, Jayaprakash C, Srinivas J, Pratheesh Kumar P and Manjunath P,” Development of combustion driven heating system for semi-free jet test rig”, National Propulsion Conference 2013, IIT Madras, NPC-2013-14001
- Jayaprakash C, Sathiyamoorthy K, Ashfaque A. Khan, Venu G, Venkat S Iyengar, Srinivas J, Pratheesh Kumar P and Manjunath P,” Development of Mach 3.6 water cooled Facility Nozzle”, National Propulsion Conference (NPC) 2013, IIT Madras, NPC-2013-15002
- Tahzeeb Hassan Danish, Sathiyamoorthy K, Srinivas J, Jayaprakash C, Venu G, Pratheesh Kumar P and Manjunath P, “Development of thrust nozzle for 100 kgf Small Gas Turbine Engine”, National Aerospace Propulsion Conference NAPC-2017, IIT Kanpur, 15-17 March2017, NAPC-2017-55